lunedì 10 novembre 2008

"A different language is a different vision of life" - Federico Fellini


E. said that it is absolutely unacceptable to name a blog in English and then post in Polish. A linguistic confusion - he said. Well, he is sort of right, I guess. I could come up with some credible and sensible explanations, but the truth is, that the choice of the language, in my case, really depends on a day, sometimes I feel like writing in English, sometimes Polish or even Italian (poveri voi, lettori!).
Udoubtedly, English has become a universal language, and of course it helps to communicate with a larger group of people, however the posts in English will still alter with those in Polish, because sometimes things do get lost in translation. However I am opened to suggestions, bilingual posts, maybe? Let's wait and see.
Couldn't resist, here is one of my favoritue cartoons regarding communication. The lack of it.

1 commento:

suzanne cabrera ha detto...

It's funny because I did feel a little like Ginger trying to read the Polish posts. However, I think what makes a blog special is that it is your voice....whatever language you choose to express it is up to you!