lunedì 24 novembre 2008

Blinding Falsh of the Bloody Obvious

That question of “exoticism” has been nagging me for some time now. Last night I saw The Darjeeling Limited directed by Wes Anderson ( I add an image of him in a stuffed animals shop in Paris, a lovely place with all that green going on, golden chandelier and oh, do not foget the dead animals) and instantly I felt that there is a key to the true understanding of exotic hidden in that film, in its images and atmosphere. Apart from the story, quite literary, about letting go of your baggage it is a classic road movie, or rather, railroad movie.











Are you expecting the great mystery to be uncovered? Well, let me see… Exotic is what is unknown! Simple as that. I know, disappointing, but so true.

Do I know dogs? Yes. Do I know zebras? I do now, but just after having photographed them in a Safari park. I really hope there are still a lot of “exotic” ahead of me, because the emotions of private discoveries that accompany the approaching of the unknown are unforgettable, just like the perfume of Dubai streets and shops that is haunting me in these Italian windy and cold days. Just like the sweet eyes and delicate lashes of a giraffe of which I made 12 photos urged to preserve the uncanny beauty of the unfamiliar.

Nessun commento: